Croatian Nursing Council
The Council holds the following public authorities:
- maintains a register of qualified nurses;
- issues, renews and withdraws licenses;
- conducts professional supervision.
Besides public authorities, Croatian Nursing Council performs following activities:
- setting the standards, content, terms and procedure of continuous education and verification of the competence of nurses,
- ensuring that nurses conduct according to Code of Ethics,
- setting professional standards,
- recognition of professional qualifications.
The main goal of Croatian Nursing Council is to protect the public by ensuring qualitative, responsible and ethical nursing care.