Croatian Nursing Council
The Council holds the following public authorities:
- maintains a register of qualified nurses;
- issues, renews and withdraws licenses;
- conducts professional supervision.
Besides public authorities, Croatian Nursing Council performs following activities:
- setting the standards, content, terms and procedure of continuous education and verification of the competence of nurses,
- ensuring that nurses conduct according to Code of Ethics
- setting professional standards.
The main goal of Croatian Nursing Council is to protect the public by ensuring qualitative, responsible and ethical nursing care.
Croatian Nursing Council performs its activities in Central Office located in Zagreb and three regional offices located in Rijeka, Split and Osijek.